This certifies me to: (taken directly from http://www.nestacertified.com/nutritionist/
You can offer one-on-one nutrition coaching
You can offer group nutrition coaching
You can offer online nutrition coaching
You can offer nutrition coaching seminars
You can write a nutrition book or ebook
You can create a nutrition & diet membership site
You can make nutrition, cooking or grocery shopping tour videos
You can make a complete body makeover program which includes nutrition education
Along with my own personal knowledge and research I am also fully educated in:
The process of nutrition, motility and anatomy, the mouth and esophagus, stomach and intestines, enzymes/hormonal control, basic energy requirements, anaerobic and aerobic energy, energy and ATP, ATP and nutrition and applications for clients.
Understanding Components of Nutrition
The macronutrients, carbohydrates and glucose needs, protein and amino acids, fats and their vital role in human function, water as a macronutrient and the Glycemic Index
Vitamins from foods consumed and mineral intake requirements
Assessing Nutritional Needs:
Body Composition, BMI and approaching change in biometrics
Understanding Alternative Approaches:
Supplement usage and ergogenic aids
Math formulas for Fitness Nutrition Coaches and practical suggestions for optimizing performance
Important paperwork for client use:
Fitness Nutrition Coach
Health History Questionnaire
1. What is your birth date?
2. Has a doctor diagnosed you with any heart conditions?
Examples include: mitral valve prolapse, myocardial infarction, angina, dysrhythmia, athero
sclerosis of the coronary artery.
3. Has a doctor diagnosed you with any obstructive pulmonary disease?
Examples include: asthma, interstitial lung disease, emphysema, bronchitis, cystic fibrosis.
4. Has a doctor diagnosed you with any form of metabolic disease?
Examples include: diabetes mellitus (type 1 or type 2), thyroid disorder, renal or liver disease.
5. Has anyone in your immediate family had any heart problems prior to age 55?
6. Have you been diagnosed by a doctor as hypertensive (high blood pressure)?
7. Have you been diagnosed by a doctor as having high cholesterol?
8. Have you been diagnosed by a doctor as having hypoglycemia?
9. Have you been diagnosed by a doctor as having high triglycerides?
10. Are you epileptic?
11. Have you ever suffered a concussion or been knocked unconscious?
12. Do you smoke (or have you quit within the last 6 months)?
13. Are you pregnant?
14. Are you pre or postnatal?
15. Do you consider yourself to have a sedentary lifestyle (i.e. do you sit a large part of your
16. Have you ever experienced chest pain?
17. Have you ever experienced abnormal dizziness?
18. Have you ever experienced shortness of breath (with mild exertion)?
19. Are you on any medications right now?
20. Have you been diagnosed by a doctor as having osteoporosis?
continued next page…
Fitness Nutrition Coach
Do you have arthritis or joint pain?
22. Do you have any back pain or a spine disorder?
23. Have you ever had any broken bones?
Do you have any musculoskeletal pains/injuries?
25. Are you sensitive to touch or pressure in any area?
26. Have you ever had a hernia?
27. Have you ever had surgery?
Do you have difficultly sleeping?
29. Do you experience poor circulation in your extremities (cold hands and feet)?
30. Do you have any gastrointestinal disorders?
32. When was your last complete physical?
Name of your Emergency Contact (Name and daytime and evening phone numbers)?
I, Nicole Chamberlin am the creator and writer of healthadvocation.wordpress.com. All advice and tips come from my own point of view as I have collected knowledge from personal experience, books and teachings. Although I am a certified NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach, all readers should consult a physician before beginning any fitness program. My diet tips are merely suggestions to be taken at the reader or clients discretion. I am not responsible for any injuries or dietary issues of any reader or client, as it is their life and their choice to consider my tips in their fitness and diet regimes.